Autodesk Maya Cleanup
Creating this animation had many small steps involved, one of the biggest was prepping the butterfly.
I found a free butterfly model on turbo squid modeling website. The amount of polygon faces was very high. I ended up cleaning and then restructuring some parts of the butterfly to allow for more concise weigh painting and rigging. I soon learned that it would have been much more efficient to model a lower poly version of the butterfly. I then rigged the butterfly to animate a flying movement.
I Next I exported the model over to Mudbox.
I created a custom fire themed airbrush color. Referencing a chemical chart I found online:
See 28 to 38 days for more of the concept behind this piece.
I layered a large amount of different sounds and music together to create the music for the small clip.